[Digikam-users] Re: piwigo on freehost

Richard Mortimer richm+digikam at oldelvet.org.uk
Sat May 28 12:43:30 BST 2011

On 28/05/2011 12:06, sleepless wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am still trying to get it running but get during install this error:
> ¨Cannot connect to server¨

I'm pretty sure that this is due to the web host not allowing outgoing
connections from their server. Thus you probably cannot use the
NetInstall method (I think that is what the box just before step 1 below
is saying)

http://piwigo.org/basics/installation_netinstall

Thus you probably need to use the manual installation method

http://piwigo.org/basics/installation_manual

Regards

Richard

P.S. Whilst I'm quite interested to learn about Piwigo because I hadn't
come across it before you probably should be asking these questions in
the appropriate Piwigo lists/forums. They are the experts in getting the
installation to work.