[Digikam-users] Re: difference between 64 and 32 bit kubuntu for digikam

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Thu May 26 12:39:37 BST 2011

On the computer that won't start Digikam 2.0 at all, what happen if
you try to start it from command line in a shell? Just open a
shell/terminal and type digikam and hit enter. That would give you
some kind of error message in the terminal if it doesn't start and/or
shut down.

If you use Ubuntu 11.04 and that one crashed could you look in
kpackagekit for the packages libkdcraw-20, libkexiv2-10, libkface-1
and libkmap-1. Make sure that the package full version name in those
packages have the name natty in it and not maverick (if you use natty
that is). People who have upgraded from ubuntu 10.10 (maverick) to
11.04 (natty) (not making a new clean natty installation) can have
upgrading issues with those packages due to a version naming problem I
had. In that case those packages above need to be uninstalled and
maybe also cleaned from apt cache before reinstall Digikam 2.0 again.

Hope that helps out with this problem you have.

/Philip