[Digikam-users] Re: question related to kde 4.7 beta 1 gwenview digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed May 25 18:48:46 BST 2011

2011/5/25 sleepless <sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl>

> Hallo Digikammers,
>
> For a while I am waiting to have a look at the new Gwenview with the new
> implemented image compare function.

Note : I always plan to make digiKam LT with an optional 4 view to compare,
if time permit before 2.0.0. Previous week, have been a little bit sick and
not very actif on digiKam source code...

> It should be part of the new to day to be released kde 4.7 beta 1.
>
> As soon as it comes available I will try to install it.
>
> My question:
>
> Will it interfere in any way with my current digikam 2.0.0 -beta 6
> installation?

No. Why?  digiKam and gwenview are fully independent. Only shared libs as
Exiv2 can be a problem, as Gwenview depand of Exiv2. If  Gwenview is
compiled with another version than digiKam, it can be a problem.