[Digikam-users] Re: Tamron lens not properly recognized

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 25 13:20:41 BST 2011

on Wednesday 25 May 2011, Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:
> Thanks for the hint. I just tried exiftool and here is (part of) the result
> of the command exiftool -a -u -g1 IMG_8930.CR2
> Lens                            : 70.0 - 300.0 mm
> Lens ID                         : Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di VC USD
>
> So the lens is recognized and the metadata are correct, no?

Looks like it :)

I /think/ those fields are actually 'cooked' fields, derived from a
combination of 'raw', stored, fields (among others, lensID, focal length as
used and perhaps more) where the impossible matches for the lens ID are
removed. To be really sure, I'd have to search through the code for exiftool
and others like it...

Remco