[Digikam-users] Re: What I'm doing wrong with face detection?

Erick Moreno erickmoreno at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:00:32 BST 2011

Hi Rinus,

I noticed that too, this happens when you are tagging faces. But, when you
try to match new faces with existent tags, the face detection suggest new
faces for that tag and put the suggestions together with the faces already
confirmed. I see some problems in the way that Digikam is doing this.

1- Of course the first problem is that Digikam can't make good suggestions
2- There is not a visual differentiation between faces already confirmed and
faces suggested by digikam and not confirmed yet. Because of it you need to
move the cursor over the picture to figure out if it is already confirmed or
not.

Nobody else think that this is a problem?

Cheers
Erick Moreno