[Digikam-users] Wrong file name showing in Album View

Max Bedacht bedachtm at gmail.com
Sun May 22 23:56:50 BST 2011

I'm in the process of scanning some old photos, scanning multiple photos in
each 'run' then separating them. I am using GIMP to do the separations, some
with Divide Scanned Images script and some manually. I'm naming the scans
loc-europe-01.png and the individual images loc-europe-01-00001.png.

The problem is the following: some images are showing a file name in the
album view different from the actual file name, which is shown correctly in
the right side File Properties bar. If I move the image to another directory
the problem is resolved, but on moving it back to the original directory the
problem returns.

I have tried mass file renames using pyRename and after all is done the same
problem persists, using the new names.

I have tried removing the images from the catalog and compressing the .db,
but when I reintroduce them the same problem returns.

Seems like there is something in the db that might be causing this.

Has this been reported before? Does anybody have any ideas?

I'm running Ubuntu  11.04 with Digikam 1.9.0