[Digikam-users] Re: aspect ratio crop tool

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Mon May 16 17:30:36 BST 2011

Op 16-05-11 18:14, David Kerber schreef:
> On 5/16/2011 11:42 AM, Dan McDaniel wrote:
>> I have noticed that very often the Aspect Ratio Crop Tool does not crop
>> accurately, but will be off by pixel.  So, for example, if I want  a 5:4
>> aspect ratio which should be 1.25 the crop will be off by a pixel and
>> give a ratio of 1.2499 or such.
>>
>> This small difference does not affect the look of the image, but when I
>> send it to the photo service to be printed the software detects that it
>> is not in the correct ratio and each time I have to tell it that it's OK
>> to crop the image.
>>
>> Has anyone else noticed this? I'm using 1.2.0 on Debian and 1.9.0 on
>> Fedora and both exhibit this behavior.
>>
> Are your originals' sizes such that 1.25 will give an exact pixel
> result, and not have to be rounded either up or down to get to a whole
> pixel?

I had the same thought. In dk 2.0.0 beta 5 there is an option ¨exact
aspect¨ that you can ckeck. I presume that it is to take care that you
can not choose a number of rows that not can be matched bij the colomns
and vv. If your version has no such option and it is important enough to
you to upgrade, I can check for you if my presumption is correct.

Rinus