[Digikam-users] Database on Mysql on localhost.

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Mon May 16 04:18:51 BST 2011

digikam-1.9.0-77.26.x86_64
digikam-lang-1.9.0-77.26.noarch
digikam-debuginfo-1.9.0-77.26.x86_64
See Signature for rest of Hardware/Software configuration.

I cannot connect to the MySQL database I have installed on local-host.
When I first start digikam I get an error. After checking configuration,
and clicking test connection I get the following error:

<Code>
-------------
Database connection test was not successful.
Error was: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/home/finemanruss/.kde4/share/apps/digikam/db_misc/mysql.socket' (2)
MYSQL: Unable to connect
</Code>
-------------

<Code>
-------------
Internal Server: unchecked
Database Settings are:
Type: MySQL
Host Name: local-host
Port: 3306
Schema Name: digikam
Thumbnails: digikam
user: xxxxxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxxxxx
where xxxxxxxx is actual user name and password for MySQL server.
Database Connection options:
UNIX_SOCKET=/home/finemanruss/.kde4/share/apps/digikam/db_misc/MySQL.socket
<Code>
----------------

Questions:

1) If I check the above folder, there is no MySQL.socket in the location
shown. Should the install put a MySQL socket there?
(Not Amarok puts one in there location).

2) Is the port correct? Its the one Amarok and KMyMoney use
successfully.

If I check Internal Sever on the database configuration screen in
digikam, it connect to it a local database and works fine.

I've looked at the Digikam website and searched for information on
configuring the database but found very little.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Russ
openSUSE 11.4 MS1 (2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop)|Platform Version 4.6.3 (4.6.3)
"release 4"|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB DDR3|GeForce 8400GS (NVIDIA-
Linux-x86_64-270.41.06,