[Digikam-users] Re: digiKam upgrade problem

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Thu May 12 14:51:12 BST 2011

If you made a upgrade from Maverick to Natty and not a clean new Natty
installation you can get these upgrade problems with old libkdcraw as
the maverick packages have bad version naming. I made a mistake back
with beta3 on maverick giving the packages a version name of beta3+git
and that "+" is a higher version number than "-". I made the packages
for natty as they should be. I might make a small renaming of
libkdcraw with the next beta release to fix this problem once and for
all. This problem only happens for people who have upgraded to natty
from maverick.

If this happens for you on Natty then uninstall libkdcraw-20,
libkexiv2-10, libkface-1 and libkmap-1. It will also unistall digikam2
and kipi-plugins2 etc. Then reinstall digikam2, kipi-plugins2 and
showfoto2. Now you should be back in business again.

Don't forget that you now also have packages with the help files in
digikam2-doc kipi-plugins2-doc and showfoto2-doc.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Philip