[Digikam-users] For those who have any interest in an image compare tool

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Wed May 11 10:56:44 BST 2011

I was looking for a tool that can view 4 images on screen to quick
compare and select.

Thanks to Wolfgang Mader I found Gwenview as a candidate.
look at:
http://agateau.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/march-2011-wrap-up/

but is is not current.

Aurélien was friendly enough to tell me this:

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
Hi sleepless. Indeed, image comparison is coming, but it is not in
2.6.0. It will be in 2.7.0 (part of KDE SC 4.7) which is planned to be
released on July 27 (see
http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.7_Release_Schedule).

If you are adventurous enough you can try the beta version which is
planned for May 25, assuming  your distribution provides packages for
beta versions.
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
In my search I found xnview and faststone image viewer which both have
such a function and can be run from ¨wine¨ but the way the fuction is
implemented does not work efficient enough for me.

So, I am happy to wait for Gwenview but other tips are still wellcom.
Please don´t mention the ¨A¨ word. I hate being back and forward between
Ubuntu and Windows on my dual boot system. And as I am adicted to
digikam I need a good Ubuntu solution for this. The sooner the better. I
have to do such a big job at the moment!!!!

Kind regards
Rinus