[Digikam-users] Re: Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri May 6 11:56:02 BST 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 19:36, Philip Johnsson <philip.johnsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I think it's know to this list that I have Digikam 1.9 packages on my PPA
> for Ubuntu 10.10 but I have no idea on how may people use it or what the
> interest is, beside some people now and then get in touch with me about this
> and that with packages.
>
> I just started to build packages of Digikam 2.0 beta3 for myself and
> wondered about what the interest in them are for you guys? They are made as
> digikam2 packages so they won't automatically update if you prefer to use
> the stable Digikam 1.9 but will conflict if you try to install them both at
> the same time. I might upload them to my kubuntu-backports PPA as you will
> need stuff from KDE 4.6 to build.
>
> Second question is if you guys would prefer a separate digikam PPA with just
> digikam stuff instead of as it is now to use my "extra" and for exiv2 0.21.x
> support my kubuntu-backports PPA? For me it's easier to do as I'm doing now
> and upload my stuff to the "extra" PPA but I don't know how many of you
> don't want to use it because it includes a bunch of assorted updates that
> you want to leave as they are.
>
> Feedback on this from anyone who cares are appreciated.
>
> Happy digikaming!
>
> Regards,
>
> Philip

Hi Philip, I'm sorry that I missed this thread until now. I am very
interested in the Digikam 2 beta PPA. If it is for your own use, then
of course merge the Digikam PPA with "extra" PPA. But if it is
intended as a service to the community, then the proper thing to do
would be to have them separate.

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen