[Digikam-users] Digikam 1.9.0 database setup.

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Tue May 3 22:48:47 BST 2011

I am trying to setup a database with didikam 1.9.0. I want to use the
MySQL database I have on localhost. I went into settings Database and
set the following:

 host name: localhost also tried http://localhost
 port 3306 Also tried ports 0, 80.
 Schema name: ~/user name/Pictures/digikam4.db
 Thumbnails: ~/username/Pictures/thumbnails-digikam.db
 username;  xxxxxxx
 password: XXXXXX
 database   digikam

Clicked Check DB Connection: Database connection test successful.
kick ok : error while opening the database
	     digikam will try to automatically reconnect to the database

just hangs trying until I click cancel.

 messsage; Failed to open the database.
You cannot use digiKam without a working database. digiKam will attempt
to start now, but it will not be functional. Please check the database
settings in the configuration menu.
looking at documentation, no mention of database at all, also none on
Wiki.
I can log into MySQl and change to the database digikam fro phpmyadmin
and commandline. There are no tables. shouldn't digikam creat the
tables?

Any help would be appreciated.
Russ
openSUSE 11.4 MS1 (2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop)|Platform Version 4.6.2 (4.6.2)
"release 3"|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB DDR3|GeForce 8400GS (NVIDIA-
Linux-x86_64-270.41.06)