[Digikam-users] Which transformation lead to recompress jpg files

Wolfgang Mader Wolfgang_Mader at brain-frog.de
Tue Mar 22 12:37:29 GMT 2011

Hallo list,

digging through the mail archive I have found a bit confusion about what
transformation can be performed on jpgs in a loose less fashion. Therefore, I
would really appreciate if s.o. could point this out to me or give me a place
I can read about this topic.

Basic Questions (we talk about jpegs here)
What about rotation: Left click vs menu vs image editor, what is loose less,
what not.
Meta data: What about altering meta data. Makes this recompression necessary?

Pleas cc me since I am off list.
Thank you a lot in advance.
Cheers, Wolfgang