[Digikam-users] Re: Who can explain ¨select tool¨ item in editor menu

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 31 11:41:54 BST 2011

on Thursday 31 March 2011, sleepless wrote:
> Thanks Remco!
>
> On my copy it does do notting even not the ones you mentioned. btw nice
> func if it would be implemented. If it functions to you or somebody else
> I would like to hear it.
> Rinus
> On 31-03-11 10:12, Remco Viëtor wrote:
> > on Thursday 31 March 2011, sleepless wrote:
> >> It looks to me that it does notting???
> >>
> > Used for free cropping, inpainting and perhaps a few other things that
require
> > part of an image to be selected

Well, if I select part of an image and then click the menu Transform -> crop
it crops the image according to my selection (equivalent for the inpainting
menu item). This is in 1.9.0, if it doesn't work in yours (2.0.0 beta iirc),
it might seem like a bug.

Frankly, if you need the program to work, first thing is to stick with a
stable version...