[Digikam-users] Re: How to open existing database

Ozzy ozzyprv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 23:46:07 GMT 2011

Thanks, it worked but not with the desired results.

A question for the group.
What is your recommendation for keeping a reliable database for your
collection?

I back up my collection and database on a regular basis, and into multiple
(physically separated) locations. So safety (from accidentally deleting
files, file corruption, fire, etc) is not a problem.

What I am looking for is suggestions to be able to reliably delete/upgrade
digiKam without having to worry about having to create a new database: tags,
rankings, comments, etc, etc, etc. I have a significant amount of pictures
and so far I have had re-created my tags, rankings, etc twice in 6 months.
Obviously I am doing something wrong. I haven't heard anyone else with this
issue....it is me :-(

Should I have a specific file/folder structure? Is there a preferred
location for the database file within the collection?

Thank you in advance.

Oz.