[Digikam-users] Organizing photos with Digikam

Aleksuk Artyom h31mail at yandex.com
Wed Mar 23 17:19:43 GMT 2011

Hello. I used different programs before, and currently my photos are being
situated in several directories, with a lot of duplicates and empty files. I
decided to get rid of mess with a help of Digikam.
Firstly, how to move photos to single place with an inner structure like
"year/month/day/"? I only found how to add an existing directory as a new
collection. All my photos contain EXIF info about a date.
Secondly, how to automatically remove duplicates? Yes, it's very simple to
find them, but I didn't find an easy way to delete them.
Finally, I heard about non-destructive editing in Digikam. How to use it? If
it's not available, it is possible to save original version of photo and edit
it's copy?
Sorry if I made any spelling errors :)