[Digikam-users] Re: Face detection problem

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Tue Mar 22 09:36:43 GMT 2011

I created a new database to try right from start and what I found is
this. If I select "recognise faces" it comes up with zero. If I select
"detect and recognise faces" (and you have at the left side of the
screen the selection bar on Mytags->People->unknown) the faces shoe up
one after another as soon as found. It still says people(0) and
Unknown(0) but they are right in front of you.

And indeed, If you selected "all albums" your whole database is scanned,
but if you want not ALL of your albums scanned you have to check not
only one or more albums but all of the sub and subsub etc albums ass
well, else it does not scan.

So you might want to verify that you had selected "detect and recognise"
btw I had choosen "clear unconfirmed results and rescan"

Kind regards
Rinus