[Digikam-users] Face recognition detects no faces

Achim Luecking digikam at luecking-brothers.de
Thu Mar 17 22:25:13 GMT 2011

Hi all,

the new face recognition is a long-wished feature :) So many thanks for
realization.

Yesterday I upgraded my 1.9.0 installation by the the new 2.0.0-beta3.
Switching to the new "People" sidebar I used the "Scan for faces" button to
start the recognition.

As expected the scan started in a seperate window, scanned all pics in the
selected folder, but the result was: no faces detected. This is curious,
because the scanned folder contains a least 5 portraits of 3 different people.
I was very surprised.

Okay, I tried it again using the option, to clear the faces database and re-
scanned the folders. Same result.

I reduced the accuracy: same result.

Whatever I do, the scan detects no faces on my photographies. Does anyone have
a hint for me what possibly went wrong?

Thanks and Regards,
Achim