[Digikam-users] Re: How to prevent digiKam NOT to write anything into IPTC

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Fri Mar 4 14:37:51 GMT 2011

Martin Javorek píše v Čt 03. 03. 2011 v 16:43 +0100:
> Hi all,

Hello Martin,

> If I have photos without IPTC (only XMP) and I need to have these
> photos also without IPTC after editing metadata in digiKam - is there
> any way how to do it? I cannot find any option whether digiKam should
> write IPTC.

If you are interested in removal of IPTC data, you could create a simple
bash script with exiftool or exiv2 commands and associate it with the
image file types. Then right-click / Open with ... / your_script would
do the trick. The script could also automatically start the other
software with the image name as parameter.

However, if you often switch between digiKam and the other software or
if the other software works with collections (albums), this would
probably prove as burdensome...

P.S. Do not forget, that if you change the metadata in the image with
the other software, then you need to re-read metadata from image in
digiKam to update the database.

regards,
Milan
--