[Digikam-users] Re: digikam-0.9.6_3 crashes on FreeBSD 9-CURRENT

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Thu Mar 3 16:27:13 GMT 2011

Am Donnerstag 03 März 2011, um 14:53:57 schrieb Matthias Apitz:
> El día Thursday, March 03, 2011 a las 02:32:41PM +0100, Thorsten Schnebeck
escribió:
> > > Is someone digging into this? Or do you need more information like gdb
> > > bt? Thanks
> > >
> > > 	matthias
> >
> > Hi Matthias,
> >
> > I think you can read about the problem here:
> > http://www.digikam.org/drupal/about/releaseplan
> >
> > "digiKam 0.9.6 Release Plan (KDE3 - not maintained anymore) 03/07/2009:
> > Final release"
> >
> > Any chances to switch to a more recent version like 1.9?
>
> Hello,
>
> I have checked the FreeBSD ports collection; it has 0.9.6 for KDE3 and
> digikam-1.8.0_1,1 as "An advanced digital photo management application for
> KDE4"; if I read the dependencies of 1.8.0 it will perhaps not compile in
> my KDE3 environment (will try it) and I'm not interested in switching to
> KDE4;
>
> if 1.8.0 will not compile, I will try to fix the SIGSEGV by my own or
> leave digikam because the only real feature I use of digikam is
> downloading the photos from my cam and this could be done with other
> tools as well;
>
> Thanks for the feedback
>
> 	matthias

Hmm, using a mixed kde3 kde4 setup is possible but you have to solve
overlapping config problems. And a full-featured digikam 1.9 needs a lot of
kde4.

So maybe its best to use the power of free software and use the code try to fix
this error, as you said. But we need a full backtrace. And if someone really
steps in and give a fix you need to collaborate with the port admin to insert a
manual patch back into the port system.

I do not have high hope about this. Developer resources are limited and focus
is digikam 2.0 and maintenance of digikam 1.x.

Bye

  Thorsten