[Digikam-users] Re: View mode: display metadata

Julien T julien.t43 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 06:17:58 GMT 2011

2011/2/28, gerlos <gerlosgm at gmail.com>:
>> when using view mode, I want to display (if possible, on the sides)
>> some of the picture's metadata like full filename (sometimes truncated
>> in status bar if too long), CreateDate, Aperture, Speed, ...
>>
>> is there a way to do this ?
>>

> You'll see such informations using one of the right sidebars.
> You can even configure them in the preferences.
> I'm afraid I can't give you more precise hints, but at the moment I'm on Mac
> Os X, and latest digikam build trough macports crashes all the time.

Sorry, but this is not what I'm looking for. I don't want complete
data or modify it, I want only some of these to be visible with the
image when I sort them. Other pro tool like Lightroom can this.
For example, in current view mode, you only see filename through
status bar (and if too lang, it's truncated), no aperture/speed

I don't want to always keep right panel as I'm using Digikam in
traveler mode on a netbook, so small screen ...
As a side effect, I'm mostly using full screen for view mode and a
annoying bug, digikam doesn't keep the fact that I always want to have
status bar.

Thanks.
Cheers,

Julien