[Digikam-users] renaming

AT Ege andreas.ege at mymail.ch
Sat Jun 11 10:15:13 BST 2011

Hi Francis,

> It looks like you are simply adding a string in front of the existing
> name. Why not simply use a shell/DOS script? That's what they are for, IMHO.

That was just for the ease of the example and to make it easier to make
my point. The camera names the images like IMG0908.JPG and IMG0908.DNG
(I usually shoot dual dng and jpg). The renames vary, usually either the
date the shot was done, or like for holidays where we were, turning them
to something like Nepal001.JPG and Nepal001.DNG.
I certainly have thought about learning more about shell programming,
but time is always short and there are so much more things I like to do
with it, I never really came around to do it. So for me 'simply' using a
shell script is only simple if I find a finished one. ;-)
And it would be easier to integrate it in my digikam workflow.

> Francis

Schöne Grüße,

Andreas

		24 The Birches