[Digikam-users] Re: Processing RAW images to get to the look of the jpg preview

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Fri Jun 24 09:19:10 BST 2011

Op 23-06-11 22:51, Sven Burmeister schreef:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. Juni 2011, 22:13:49 schrieb David Vincent-Jones:
>> Please NO ..... the curves tool in darktable lack real flexibility when
>> working to manipulate small tonal areas. With colour it (sort-of) works;
>> with black and white it is a disaster.
> Can you explain that? In digikam I almost always get sharp bends which I think
> does not make sense. And moving the points around never gives me what I
> wanted, in terms of how I would like the curve to look like. I would like to
> be able to move some region of the curve up, as easy as it works in darktable.
>
> I can supply some screenshots in order to show what I mean by "moving points
> never gives me what I want".
At least in 2.0.0 beta 6 there is an option beneath the curve to have
sharp are smooth bends. I you have choosen the smooth bends, it is up to
you how many bend points you make, this way you can do anything you want
and in fact, however darktable looks nicer, it would for complex
manupilation be harder to get the same result.

Rinus