[Digikam-users] Re: renaming

jag59 jldeshpande at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 17:51:07 BST 2011

Andreas T. Ege wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> is there a way to batch-rename images so that the raw and jpg or png
> keep the same name in front of the extension?
> E.g.:
>   01.dng    --> name01.dng
> 01.jpg      --> name01.jpg
> 02.dng   --> name02.dng
> 02.jpg   --> name02.jpg
>
> If I use the normal rename it just renames the pictures in the order
> they are sorted by.
> (01.dng    --> name01.dng
> 01.jpg      --> name02.jpg
> 02.dng   --> name03.dng
> 02.jpg   --> name04.jpg)
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Andreas T. Ege
> Dr. med. vet., MRCVS, MABVA
>
> 		24 The Birches
>                  Shobdon
>                  Herefordshire HR6 9NG
>                  GB
>                  Mobile: +44.(0)7526.315292
>                  Tel.: +44.(0)1568.709166

XnView MP has that option. The option is 'rename alternate image' or 'rename
with 1 step',I don't remember the exact wording now. XnView MP was available
in PCLinuxOS,but now I am using Mint9 as my Wacom Bamboo CTH was not working
in PCLinuxOS. I don't know which distro you are using but you can install
the Window's version in Wine if you want.

-----
Jagdeesh Deshpande.
Registered Linux user #492893