[Digikam-users] Re: re Windows version

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 19:23:11 BST 2011

2011/5/25 Frank Hahn <fhahn at yahoo.com>

> Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
> wrote in news:BANLkTimGm-Qw73j4njqxDZz=N4ViRtP2=w at mail.gmail.com:
>
> > Currently i just finish to compile digiKam software compilation 2.0.0
> > beta6 on my laptop (win7 MSVC2008), and all is fine. It run as
> > expected, with KDELibs bugs of course.
> >
> > If somebody feel to be a digiKam contributor, not as developer, but as
> > windows packager, i can guide him in this task. I'm developer, not
> > packager. I cannot do all...
> >
> Gilles:
>
> What would be involved in compiling digikam on Microsoft Windows?
>
> Is the required Windows software free, by that, I mean MSVC?  I am not a
> programmer but I have done some compiling of software on Solaris and Linux
> computers.

It require compiler (here MSVC 2008 pro, but free charge of use version can
be used)

Qt4, KDE4, and other shared libs must be compiled and installed on your
computer using this compiler. Personnaly, i use all of them using KDE
installer. I compile only digiKAm Software Compilation myself. That all.

If you want to try 2.0.0-beta6, look here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/temp/digiKam-installer-2.0.0-beta6-win32.exe

Best