[Digikam-users] Re: Any interests in Digikam 2.0 packages and digikam PPA?

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 20:36:35 BST 2011

If you are like me and like to use the latest version of KDE with
(K)ubuntu 11.04 (Natty) and use the Kubuntu teams kubuntu-backports
PPA to install KDE 4.7.x then you also must use my "kubuntu-backports"
PPA to get Digikam 2.0 to work. In my "kubuntu-backports" PPA Digikam
2.0 is built against KDE 4.7.x which also will sort out some
conflicting content files with digikam libs on my "extra" PPA and the
KDE 4.7-packages.

If you use the Kubuntu teams kubuntu-backports PPA to install and use
KDE 4.7 with Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty), and ONLY in that case, then follow
the same instructions as in this blog even though it refers to Ubuntu
10.10 and Digikam 2.0 beta:

http://scribblesandsnaps.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/install-the-latest-beta-of-digikam-on-ubuntu-10-10/

Note: The packages for KDE 4.7 will be available as soon as they are
built on Launchad at my "kubuntu-backports" PPA. Most likely about 2
hours from this post on the mailing-list.

Happy digikaming!

Philip