[Digikam-users] cannot add new tags

Markus Leuthold kusi at forum.titlis.org
Thu Jul 28 00:06:13 BST 2011

Hello all

My setup
 - digikam 1.9
 - OpenSuse 11.4
 - 1 local collection
 - mysql backend

I dumped my database to a file with "mysqldump". On a new computer, I restored
again my database from the dumpfile. Everything looks fine in Digikam, all
tags and ratings are there. However, I cannot add a new tag. What happens:

1)  add "tag_a" to photo1
2)  add "tag_b" to photo2. Now the "tag_a" from photo1 is renamed to tag_b?!
3)  quit and restart digikam
4)  photo1 and photo2 have now the tag with the name "My Tags"
5)  when I connect with OpenOffice Base to the database, I don't find neither
the "My Tags" nor "tag_a", "tag_b" tags in the tags table

I already deleted all files with digikam in the name in the .kde directory.
Does somebody have a hint whats going on here?

best regards, Kusi