[Digikam-users] Read Metadata from XMP sidecar and Exif Orientation

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sun Jul 24 08:34:22 BST 2011

Hi,

I want to try the XMP sidecar from Digikam 2, and the first time I
activate the "Read metadata from XMP Sidecar file" (and the option from
menulist, "Write in XMP sidecar only").

I work with Nef file, and I notice, with these options, if I change a tag
and apply it, all the exif orientation infos aren't take in charge for the
display.

So I not sure it's a wish-able behavior.

Unchecking the "read from XMP" option get back the right orientation for
the pictures. So this option could be interesting (for speed gain I
guess), but presently there's still some miss for me.

In the other and, writing to XMP sidecar shows a clear speed gain in
comparison to Nef metadata writing.

Regards

Nicolas

--