[Digikam-users] Re: why is import/transport so much slower than transform anlone?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sat Jul 23 20:29:36 BST 2011

On Saturday 23 July 2011 20:49:46, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> no idea. i use png conversion all the time without any problem  sound
> like a memory leak.
>
> as i work hard currently on camera interface, i will check it. but
> future improvements will be available for 2.1. there are a huge list
> of cource code commits to push just after 2.0.
>
> can you hear me which camera driver you use exactly ? which version of
> all shared libs too ?
>
> gilles caulier

Hello Gilles!

I am not importing from the camera, but from a local folder. I always copy CR2
directly with a card reader, then do the raw conversion in vbox/winXP using
Canon software (shhh: don't tell anybody :-) . For web use I transform to jgp.

These jpg's I import into digikam, and that's where the "problem" occured.

I had the same already a time ago, but I was not sure, because I stopped the
process quickly when I saw how slow it was. Just today I tried again, and as I
was cooking I let it run those 40 mins...

I use digikam Version 1.9.0, KDE 4.6.2 (4.6.2) "release 3", OpenSuse 11.3.
Installed from opensuse rpms.
If you need more details, tell me how to obtain them...

However, it is not important and I don't want to stress you. I can just import
"normal" and then convert... and if you have the time later (and remember) I
give you the details you need, ok?

While I'm writing you, I use the ocasion to once again say thanks for that
great application which I use all the time!

regards

Daniel
erotic nudes: http://www.guapamania.com