[Digikam-users] Issue with database and comments

Jean-Baptiste BUTET ashashiwa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:23:42 BST 2011

Hi all :)

Contexte :
I fill lot of picture with comments. These comments are available in diaporamas.

What happens :
The 2nd of Mars, Big Bug on digikam. Can't launch it without errors.
-> re-install : nothing happens.
-> I have a backup, so I decide to reinitalize digikam in renaming
digikam4.db in digikam_old.db

--> I've lost a part (not all... ) of my comments. I've picked option
: "intégrer des légendes dans les métadonnées intégrées au fichier". I
think it's why some are still here. But I can't explain why they are
not ALL here.

Tomorrow, I've decided to look at this corrupted base (24Mo...) with
sqlite-manager. Some disappeared comments are inside digikam_old.db.

Is there a  way, a procedure to catch them ?

Txs.

Jb