[Digikam-users] Interpolate matter with GPS correlator

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Wed Jul 20 08:48:16 BST 2011

Hi,

I recently try to tag some photos with Digikam 2.0.0 rc installed with
Philip5's PPA and Kubuntu backports PPA on Ubuntu 10.10 64 bits

I try to add coordinates in my pictures with correlator, and successfully
set the offset(? décalage in french) between GPX and pictures time
metadata, but some parts of the journey are missing in the GPX file, in
consequence I set an higher value for "interpolate", but it has a strange
behaviour and the main part of my pictures (took when there's some missing
in GPX) are still not been correlated.

For example, in my GPX I have a point at 15h57m44s GMT (so 17h57m44s GMT+2
in France) and the next one at 16h23m31 (18h23m31s).

I try to correlate four pictures at respectively 18h12m32s, 18h13m37s,
18h14m03s, 18h15m39s, and interpolate is set to 60 minutes (time zone is
manually set to +2 with a fine offset of -15seconds) , but correlator just
find a match for the first one...

I try to edit the gpx file with GPSprune and add a point between and set
manually the time and date for this point at 18h13m31s. With that it just
correlate the two first pictures, but the two last ones still aren't
correlated...

Is somebody had the same kind of behaviour here ? is there something I
have mis-setting ?

If somebody want I can send GPX and pictures for testing

Thanks

Nicolas

Here are my components infos

digiKam version 2.0.0-rc
Dématriçage parallélisé: Oui
Exiv2 peut écrire dans un fichier JP2: Oui
Exiv2 peut écrire dans un fichier JPEG: Oui
Exiv2 peut écrire dans un fichier PGF: Oui
Exiv2 peut écrire dans un fichier PNG: Oui
Exiv2 peut écrire dans un fichier TIFF: Oui
Exiv2 prend en charge les métadonnées XMP: Oui
LibCImg: 130
LibClapack: internal library
LibExiv2: 0.21.1
LibJPEG: 62
LibJasper: 1.900.1
LibKDE: 4.6.2 (4.6.2)
LibKExiv2: 2.0.0
LibKMap: 2.0.0
LibKdcraw: 2.0.0
LibLCMS: 118
LibPGF: 6.11.24 - internal library
LibPNG: 1.2.44
LibQt: 4.7.0
LibRaw: 0.13.5
LibTIFF: LIBTIFF, Version 3.9.4 Copyright (c) 1988-1996 Sam Leffler
Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
Marble Widget: 0.11.2 (Stable Release)
LibGphoto2: 2.4.11
LibKface: 2.0.0
LibKipi: 1.2.0