[Digikam-users] Re: SRBG, Adobe RGB, What to use ?

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 16 13:58:24 BST 2011

on Saturday 16 July 2011, Elle Stone wrote:
>(See
> http://ninedegreesbelow/2011/imaging/color-management-tutorial/all-the-
colors.html
> for details.)
>
> The red and blue primaries in sRGB and AdobeRGB are exactly the same.
> Only the green primary differs. (See
> http://ninedegreesbelow/2011/imaging/color-management-tutorial/pictures-of-
color-spaces.html
> for pictures comparing sRGB to AdobeRGB and also to a typical printer
> color space and a typical camera color space.)
[more links to ninedegreesbelow removed]
> See http://ninedegreesbelow/2011/imaging/color-management-tutorial/all-the-
colors.html
> and http://ninedegreesbelow/2011/imaging/color-management-tutorial/monitor-
profile-calibrate-confuse.html
> for more details about why sRGB is not a good monitor profile for LCD
> monitors.

Unfortunately, all the links to ninedegreesbelow you gave come up as a blank
page... I can get a page to display here: http://ninedegreesbelow/, but  going
to color management from there gives me another blank page (using Firefox 5.0
under OpenSuse 11.4)

> A great discussion of sRGB vs. AdobeRGB can be found here:
> http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/sRGB-AdobeRGB1998.htm

The other tutorials and articles are quite good as well ;)

Remco