[Digikam-users] .mov file with digikam under Ubuntu 11.04 and Gnome

zama3 at rajaei.de zama3 at rajaei.de
Fri Jul 15 17:00:12 BST 2011

Hi everybody

Can someone help me with the following problem:
I am running digikam under Ubuntu 11.04 and Gnome. Everything works well except I can not play video files properly. I have only .mov files, which are in HD-quality and done with my Canon EOS 550.  I can play them from Nautilus with totem, kmplayer, banshee and other players.
When I double click the thumbnail in digikam album some player starts, I can hear the sound of the video but I see only a black screen (see attachment).
I changed my video-player to totem, kmplayer and banshee by setting the first entry of mime types video/x-msvideo and video/quicktime in /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache. But it didn't help.
Can someone help me?

Thanks, Sami