[Digikam-users] Re: default file permission for imported pictures

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 21:18:16 BST 2011

I assume that the permissions are a result of your account default
umask. AFAIK digikam has not setting to set permissions of files, that
is all left to the file system. So you need to work with the file system
to achieve what you want. You could do this by changing your umask but
that would affect all files you create and be a security risk. If you
look at http://content.hccfl.edu/pollock/AUnix1/FilePermissions.htm
especially the section on ACLs which could allow you to set the
directories where you store your photos to behave how you want,
depending on how your distribution is set up for ACLs or not.

Andrew