[Digikam-users] GPS Info not writing to EXIF Tags in Photo

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Thu Jul 7 21:15:31 BST 2011

I'm trying to use the GPS Correlator function.  It works within
digikam, but when I try to use the file outside I find that the tag
has not been written to the EXIF data in the actual photo.  I'm
guessing that it has been written to the Digikam database.  I've tried
the write metadata to images but that doesn't appear to work.  When I
view the EXIF data within Digikam, the geo information isn't there.
The digikam documentation says the information is written to the EXIF
information in the photo, but in my case that isn't happening.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks!