[Digikam-users] Tips on workflow with Android GPS app and Digikam geodata?

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:53:26 BST 2011

Hi all

Just wondering if someone have come up with a good easy workflow or
solution on how to use the GPS in an Android smartphone to store
geolocation data and then export and merge data with pictures taken
with a SLR (Nikon in my case) on location so I can have that meta data
with them in Digikam? I don't have or think that I want to buy a GPS
gadget for my Nikon but thought that it might be some easy, handy and
clever way to use my Android GPS with my SLR.

One way is to export locations one by one from some map/gps app but
that is rather cumbersome. Would be nice if there were a special app
or some way to do this in a batch way.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Happy digikaming!

Philip