[Digikam-users] thumbnail DB after SQL migration

Bradley Noyes bkn at ithryn.net
Wed Jul 6 02:16:58 BST 2011

Hello,

I'm running the 2.0.0-rc of digikam. I did a migration from SQLite to MySQL. Now each time i start digikam i get the following error in a dialog:

  Error message: The database is not valid: the "DBThumbnailsVersion" setting
  does not exist. The current database schema version cannot be verified. Try
  to start with an empty database.

Also relevant lines  from konsole output:
  digikam(2324)/digikam (core) Digikam::ThumbnailSchemaUpdater::startUpdates: Have a database structure version  ""
  digikam(2324)/digikam (core): DBThumbnailsVersion not available! Giving up schema upgrading.

I looked though the code and i didn't see where this DBThumbnailVersion settings is originally set.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is this a bug?

Cheers,
 - brad