[Digikam-users] Problem getting rid of Tags

Max Bedacht bedachtm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 12:55:52 BST 2011

Occasionally I have need to remove some or all of the tags assigned to an
image. I have not found any sure way to achieve this. At times when I remove
a tag and then "Image - Write metadata to selected image" it apears that all
is well, but when I do "Image - reread metadata from selected image" the
tags come back, they are still in the file.

This is happening with jpg, png and psd images. There seems to be no way to
remove these pesky tags.

I am running Digikam 1.9 on Ubuntu 11.04.

Has anybody run into this problem? Any thoughts or suggestions?