[Digikam-users] Re: Digikam-users Digest, Vol 68, Issue 68

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 31 14:19:32 GMT 2011

on Monday 31 January 2011, Paul Verizzo wrote:
> /Are you using the 'Save As...' in the right tab?
> That one saves the settings for the restore, not the file.
> Click 'OK' once the preview has finished, and then use the 'Save as' from
the
> top toolbar or the menu
> Remco/
>
> No, Remco, I use the "Save As" button on the screen.  You mean "OK" doesn't
mean "Finished?"  You save after "OK?"  Am I thinking like a Windows user and
not Linux? (I AM trainable, I just need the secret handshake!)

IF it's the 'Save as...' next to a 'Load...' button in the frame where you
adjust the settings for the restore procedure/CIMG, then that might well be
the one to save your _settings_ to a file, NOT your modified image.

What you are waiting for after clicking the 'Try' button, is a preview to
'Try' out your settings, which might need modification. The 'try' option could
for instance only work on the part that is visibible on screen, or use a lower
resolution image, all to speed up the process.
'OK' says "Now I have the settings I want, create the final modified image",
and that creates the full resolution image at the final size you want, which
you then have to save (menu bar or tool bar option 'Save' or 'Save as')

Hope this clarifies the process

Remco