[Digikam-users] Losing Thumbnails

Paul Verizzo paulv at paulv.net
Mon Jan 31 13:41:24 GMT 2011

As I work with digiKam I frequently get a warning box of "Not A JPEG
Image", IIRC.  It continues with some (I think) memory location numbers,
or something.

Sometimes I'll get four or five of these.  I've not figured out what
triggers them, although I'll start looking for a pattern.

Then the thumbnail image is replaced by a balloon.

Fortunately, the file is still intact, and of course, it most certainly
IS a JPEG and has been, in some cases for over a decade.

I thought I'd start here before reporting it as a bug.

Paul