[Digikam-users] Re: Digikam 2.0 sidecar question

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Thu Jan 27 19:41:24 GMT 2011

Adam píše v St 26. 01. 2011 v 16:44 -0800:
> Ok, I figured it out. It was set correctly, I got the sidecar files to write by
> taging a picture, then untagging and applying. I can do this to a whole folder.
>

> Now how can I force it to do my entire collection at once?

AFAIK you cannot. (Feature wish? Bug report relating to Image / Write
metadata to file?)

What you can do is to a) select as many images as possible - e.g. click
on "year" in calendar view and choose "select all", b) change something
(e.g. add new tag) and hit apply, c) revert that change (get rid of the
tag) and hit apply.

The xmp files should be written for the selected images...

regards,
Milan
--
http://www.milan-knizek.net/