[Digikam-users] Re: How do I undelete an image?

Juhani Talvela juhani.talvela at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 07:52:14 GMT 2011

19.01.2011 01:43, gerlos kirjoitti:
> Il giorno 18/gen/2011, alle ore 18.19, Juhani Talvela ha scritto:

>>> digikam is a kde application, it uses kde system trash. Dolphin is the
>>> kde file browser
>>>
>>> jdd
>>>
>> Fantastic. Thank you all three of you...:)
>>
>> Now grasping what Dolphin is I was able to start it, find the deleted
>> pictures, and recover them. Didn't have any system trash on my desktop,
>> nor did I find it in /home/ or /usr/local/share.
> Sorry for my questions, but I'm quite curious...
> What operating system are you running? Is it gnu/linux?
> If it's gnu/linux, what's your desktop environment?
>
> It's quite strange that your file manager doesn't display any trash icon: Dolphin, on KDE Plasma desktop has it, Nautilus on Gnome (like on Ubuntu) has it too, and even Thunar on XFCE Desktop has this "feature"...
> Are you running an LXDE desktop, like Lubuntu? AFAIK PCManFM on LXDE doesn't have trash so far.
>
> Regards
> gerlos

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with Gnome 2.30.2 both in Finnish.

Dolphin (the file manager) does display the trash folder, like jdd
suggested. But thats the only place where I've found it. Not on the
desktop, not in any other menu, not in those folders listed in my reply.
I don't really know where it should be, but am happy to have my pictures
back.

Cheers
Juhani

--