[Digikam-users] Re: review tag function ?

Julien T julien.t43 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 14:55:46 GMT 2011

We did not understand each other. Do you use firefox ?

Ctrl+D to add a bookmark
tab to go to taggign field
enter a list of tags with autocompletion separate with comma

2011/1/16 Photonoxx <photonoxx at free.fr>:
>> * there is no keyboard shortcut for tag
>
> But what for ? since tags are multiple and various, one shorcut still not
> sufficient for tagging picture.

one bind to rule them all ...

> To tag pictures, the fastest is to use the right panel. You could also use
> the right click contextual menu but with less options (like auto select of
> parent or child).

it's some kind of religion and I am on the keyboard side.
Compare the 2 ways on firefox and answer appears clearly.

>> * there is no easy way to put multiple tags on one or multiple
>> pictures in one operation.
>
> But it's possible and easy to do...
>
> -select your picture(s)
> -check multiple tags you want to apply to these (in the right panel tags
> tab)
> -click on the apply button !

most of my tagging is done when I sort my pictures, so in view mode.
In this mode, I can't select multiple pictures.

>> I would love to have a firefox-like tag window with auto-completion
>> and being able to enter multiple tags at once.
>
> There's already a search field in the right panel...

I'm not talking of search field.

Ok for the shortcut tags, Gilles.
Do you plan user-configureable multiple shortcuts or one like said at
the beginning of this email ?

Thanks a lot.