[Digikam-users] Re: review tag function ?

Photonoxx photonoxx at free.fr
Sun Jan 16 10:06:11 GMT 2011

Le Sun, 16 Jan 2011 10:06:47 +0100, Julien T <julien.t43 at gmail.com> a
écrit:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a recent digikam user and I want to comment on tag function.
>
> I'm finding it's a pity that
> * there is no keyboard shortcut for tag

But what for ? since tags are multiple and various, one shorcut still not
sufficient for tagging picture.

To tag pictures, the fastest is to use the right panel. You could also use
the right click contextual menu but with less options (like auto select of
parent or child).

> * there is no easy way to put multiple tags on one or multiple
> pictures in one operation.

But it's possible and easy to do...

-select your picture(s)
-check multiple tags you want to apply to these (in the right panel tags
tab)
-click on the apply button !

But may be you want to talk about something else ?

> I would love to have a firefox-like tag window with auto-completion
> and being able to enter multiple tags at once.

There's already a search field in the right panel...

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Boulesteix
Photographe chasseur de lueurs