[Digikam-users] "Caption/Tags" & "Tag Filters": "Batch Process", "Export" deselect images

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 12:52:31 GMT 2011

On the right-panel, on "Caption/Tags" and on "Tag Filters", two of the
"right-click for menu" tag options are causing me a certain amount of grief
as I try to tag several years worth of photographs. Those options are:
"Export" and "Batch Process".

Whenever I am trying to add tags using "Captions/Tags", if I have selected
one or more images, if I open the right-click dialog to add a new tag, and
if I roll over the "Batch Process" right-click option and don't move the
mouse quickly enough, my selected images are deselected.

Whenever I am trying to select and deselect tags on the "Tag Filters"
right-panel, when I open the right-click dialog, if I roll over the "Export"
option and don't move the mouse quickly enough, all my selected images are
deselected.

Both of these problem right-click options are also available from the top
menu. "Export" is available as "Export", and the four "Batch Process"
options  are available from the top menu "Tools". Is there a "useability
reason" why they also need to be on the "Caption/Tags" and on "Tag Filters"
right-click menus?

Personally, I can't imagine how or why one would be in the middle of setting
up tag filters and suddenly decide to export images, or why one would be in
the middle of tagging images and suddenly decide to start batch-processing
the selected images. Does anyone actually use these right-click menu options
from the right-side "Caption/Tags" and "Tag Filters"? If this is a setup
that people actually use and want, could the mouse-over time before
activation be increased? I'm not as young and fast and coordinated as I used
to be and so it is a bit bothersome to see my carefully selected images
deselect before I get a chance to actually put tags on them.

Kind Regards,
Elle Stone