[Digikam-users] Re: Color management question

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Jan 10 23:00:16 GMT 2011

> I recently bought a colorimeter and used ArgyllCMS to calibrate and profile
> my display.  So far I'm quite happy with the results.  However, I don't
> seem to have something set up quite right in Digikam, because if I simply
> export photos after working with them in Digikam they don't show up
> properly in
> non-color-managed programs, despite being in the sRGB color space (which
> the metadata claims they are).

If digikam applies a monitor profile when showing the images, they will look
different to any program not applying a monitor profile.
If you convert them to your monitor profile, they will look correct on your
monitor with any program, but not on any other monitor (a color managed
program will probably convert so it looks similar, but note the information
loss!)

Marcel