[Digikam-users] Color management question

Michael Johnson mjjohnson.geo at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 17:24:39 GMT 2011

I recently bought a colorimeter and used ArgyllCMS to calibrate and profile my
display.  So far I'm quite happy with the results.  However, I don't seem to
have something set up quite right in Digikam, because if I simply export photos
after working with them in Digikam they don't show up properly in
non-color-managed programs, despite being in the sRGB color space (which the
metadata claims they are).

I've discovered that if I convert them to the colorspace of my monitor, however,
they show up exactly right on Flickr and so on.  Even if I strip the profile out
of the files (using ImageMagick), they still look correct.  This makes no sense,
since I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to convert to your monitor's color
space, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

How can I get Digikam set up so that I don't need to manually do this
conversion?

Thanks,
Michael