[Digikam-users] Number of records after Database Migration

Vincent Tassy photo at tassy.net
Wed Jan 5 16:55:55 GMT 2011

Dear users,

I'm runing digikam 1.6 on Fedora 14_x64 and am considering switching
over from SQLite to MySQL.

I've run the migration tool and then looked at the content of the
supposedly synced SQLite and MySQL databases ...

                          Records
Table               SQLite      MySQL
-------------------------------------
AlbumRoots               2          2
Albums                 808        808
DownloadHistory     13,403     13,403
ImageComments        5,969      5,969
ImageCopyright      50,303     50,303
ImageHaarMatrix     27,756     27,756
ImageInformation    81,216     81,216
ImageMetadata       72,383          0
ImagePositions       6,481      6,481
ImageProperties         50         50
Images              81,216     81,210
ImageTags           52,463     52,463
Searches                15         15
Settings                20         11
Tags                   461        461
TagsTree             1,886      2,240

As you can see, most tables seem to have been migrated correctly but
ImageMetadata is empty, Images is missing 6 records, Settings is missing
9 and TagsTree is abnormally bigger !

Is this a known problem ?

I tried the operation twice (dropped the MySQL database and recreated
it) with the same kind of discrepency.

For the moment I'm sticking to SQLite by fear of loosing data (as you
can, I have a large collection of images)

For the record, I'm a long-time digikam user since version 0.x and have
upgraded to newer versions as they were released in the Fedora repos.