[Digikam-users] Re: Migrating from F-Spot to digiKam: how to import tags?

jim junk junk_jim at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:52:59 GMT 2011

It's been a long time since I've used Fspot but as I recall it included an option to write the tags to the image and not just to a database.  Can you just have fspot write the tags to the images and then Digikam can just scan the images and build the database for you from the tags inside the images?  It's always seem to me that writing the tags to the images is the best way to go assuming the the image format that your using will support it.  If the database gets corrupted then you can just delete it and let the software rescan it.