[Digikam-users] Re: Digikam eats a large part of my memory

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sat Jan 1 15:42:19 GMT 2011

> I use Digikam 1.7 on Kubuntu 10.10 with Kde 4.5.4
>
> Is it normal that it uses so much memory ?
>
> I had also found in version 1.2 and 1.3

Could be better answered with a bit more context of the current use pattern.
Which one is the effective memory usage? The KDE system monitor is afaik
pretty accurate to calculate that number.

Consider that an image e.g. loaded from a RAW, 14Mpx camera, 16bit, takes more
than 100 MB of memory.

Marcel